Scrap Car Paperwork Sorted

We want to make selling your old car as easy as we can, which is why we'll give you all the information you need to cancel your registration. If your car is scrapped we can give you a Certificate of Destruction, on request, which shows you’ve recycled your old car to the highest of standards.

If you request a Certificate of Destruction we’ll usually send it out to you at the end of the month in which your car has been scrapped. This will be sent to you by email, or by post.

Check out our FAQs about the paperwork >

If you still have questions, you can find all of the answers in the following categories:

About your quote About your Car Having your car collected Dropping your car off Getting paid Help with the paperwork About CarTakeBack

Alternatively, you can search our website below:

Call Us

1800 678 175 during opening hours.

Standard call rates apply. Mobile costs may vary.

Get a Call Back

During opening hours request a call back by entering your telephone number below.
An operator will call you as soon as they become available.

Send an email to or use the form below.

It helps if you tell us your registration or reference number if you have one.
During opening hours we'll usually respond within two hours.

Chat with us online now.

Online chat is compatible with most desktop and tablet computers, and may be available outside of our usual opening hours.